Veterinary Medical Oncology
Jérôme Gagnon, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
Medical Oncology Services
- Consultation with board certified oncologist
- Injection, infusion and oral systemic chemotherapy
- Metronomic chemotherapy
- Management of chemotherapy side effects
- Immunotherapy with melanoma vaccine
- Advice in treatment decision making
- Palliative care and quality of life discussion for cancer patients
- Diagnosis and staging of oncological disease
Treatment and prognosis discussion
Chemotherapy treatment and side effects management
Palliative care consultation
Post-surgery follow-up recommendation
Strengths of Services
- Our team is here to provide with the support and care you and your pets need throughout the treatment plan.
- Discussion of surgical, medical and radiation treatment options to develop a treatment plan that is designed to provide quality of life for patients and family. Referral to radiation and/or surgical oncologist can be recommended.
- Direct collaboration with other services and the referring veterinarians to ensure best quality medicine.
- Multiple diagnostic modalities available including ultrasound, CT, and 3T MRI, and non-invasive molecular and genetic diagnostic tests for lymphoma and canine bladder cancer.
- We perform neoadjuvant (pre-surgical) and adjuvant (post-surgical) chemotherapy treatment for aggressive cancer.
- We are equipped with an isolated chemotherapy treatment suite and closed system transfer devices for chemotherapy administration.
- Bisphosphonate therapy for dogs with primary or metastatic bone cancer and hypercalcemia is readily available.
- A 24-hour emergency service to allow continuity of care and management of possible chemotherapy complications. We perform outpatient palliative care supports for patients and family.
- Client education, ongoing care and communication, as well as patient quality of life, are fundamental to us.