Veterinary Surgery Toronto
Veterinary Surgery Toronto
A veterinary surgeon is trained to provide advanced surgical procedures to help in the diagnosis and treatment of your pet. Animal Health Partners has a Specialist in Veterinary Surgery that can perform various procedures. Our veterinary surgeon can perform a variety of dog or cat surgeries.
Dr. Debbie Reynolds, Specialist in Veterinary Surgery, Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery – Small Animal
- Consultation with board-certified surgeons
- Surgical treatment of elective orthopedic conditions – TPLO, TTA, MPL, FHO, arthroscopy
- Fracture repair and surgical management of complex traumatic wounds
- Routine soft tissue surgery – BAS, cystotomy, abdominal and thoracic procedures
- Oncologic surgery including skin and reconstructive procedures
- Routine laparoscopic procedures including liver biopsies, ovariectomies, cryptorchids, and prophylactic gastropexies
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures – cholecystectomy, adrenalectomy
- Thoracoscopic procedures – PRAA, Chylothorax, Pericardectomy, Lung Lobectomy
- Interventional procedures – tracheal stenting, urethral and ureteral stenting, SUB catheters
- Total hip replacements – Biomedtrix Universal Hip Replacement (Certified)
Common reasons for consultation
- Diagnosis and surgical management of lameness
- Diagnosis and treatment of developmental diseases – hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Surgical oncology
- Acute abdomens
- Urinary tract disease
- Intrathoracic disease
- Airway disease
- Complex wound management
- Minimally invasive preventative procedures i.e. Laparoscopic spay/gastropexy
- High-risk anesthetic patients for preventative procedures i.e. VWF dogs
Strengths of Service
- Discussion of all treatment options, surgical or medical, with the owners to develop a treatment plan that is designed to provide quality of life for the owner and their pets.
- Our board-certified surgeons underwent an extensive 3-year specialty training residency following graduation from Veterinary School and have completed specialist certification.
- We have 5 surgical suites dedicated to orthopedic, soft tissue or neurological procedures.
- Our state of the art surgical image guidance system provided by 7d Surgical (www.7dsurgical.com) allows for advanced surgical planning and treatment integrating the planning image onto the surgical plane
- We are equipped with an advanced OEC 9900 C-arm system (fluoroscopy), Storz arthroscopy/laparoscopy tower and use Synthes locking plate technology.
- Direct collaboration with other services (including critical care, internal medicine, oncology, anesthesia & analgesia, cardiology, emergency) and the referring veterinarians to ensure best quality medicine.
- Access to other advanced diagnostic imaging modalities including ultrasound, CT and 3T MRI to help with diagnosis and surgical planning.
- A 24-hour emergency service to allow continuity of care and management of possible complications
- Provision of on-call access for surgical emergencies and to assist the emergency doctors.
- Client education, ongoing care, and communication, as well as patient comfort and quality of life, are important to us.
About Animal Health Partners
Animal Health Partners Toronto is a new veterinary emergency and specialty hospital modeled after best practices in human medicine. Lead by a team of highly qualified veterinary specialists, Animal Health Partners Toronto Emergency and Specialty Hospital is bringing the world’s best practices of private human healthcare to veterinarian care.
The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Animal Health Partners equal or exceeds that found in sophisticated human hospitals.
Our specialists combine their collective knowledge and skill in the treatment of complex or multifaceted cases. We serve as an extension of your family veterinarian and provide exceptional specialty care by treating our patients as if they were our own pets.
We are a 24 Hour Animal Hospital uniting the best minds in human and veterinary care to provide the highest quality of innovative, evidence-based, patient-centered care to companion animals.