Veterinary Surgery Toronto
Dr. Debbie Reynolds, Specialist in Veterinary Surgery, Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgery – Small Animal
- Consultation with board-certified surgeons
- Surgical treatment of elective orthopedic conditions – TPLO, TTA, MPL, FHO, arthroscopy
- Fracture repair and surgical management of complex traumatic wounds
- Routine soft tissue surgery – BAS, cystotomy, abdominal and thoracic procedures
- Oncologic surgery including skin and reconstructive procedures
- Routine laparoscopic procedures including liver biopsies, ovariectomies, cryptorchids, and prophylactic gastropexies
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures – cholecystectomy, adrenalectomy
- Thoracoscopic procedures – PRAA, Chylothorax, Pericardectomy, Lung Lobectomy
- Interventional procedures – tracheal stenting, urethral and ureteral stenting, SUB catheters
- Total hip replacements – Biomedtrix Universal Hip Replacement (Certified)
Common reasons for consultation
- Diagnosis and surgical management of lameness
- Diagnosis and treatment of developmental diseases – hip and elbow dysplasia.
- Surgical oncology
- Acute abdomens
- Urinary tract disease
- Intrathoracic disease
- Airway disease
- Complex wound management
- Minimally invasive preventative procedures i.e. Laparoscopic spay/gastropexy
- High-risk anesthetic patients for preventative procedures i.e. VWF dogs
Strengths of Service
- Discussion of all treatment options, surgical or medical, with the owners to develop a treatment plan that is designed to provide quality of life for the owner and their pets.
- Our board-certified surgeons underwent an extensive 3-year specialty training residency following graduation from Veterinary School and have completed specialist certification.
- We have 5 surgical suites dedicated to orthopedic, soft tissue or neurological procedures.
- Our state of the art surgical image guidance system provided by 7d Surgical (www.7dsurgical.com) allows for advanced surgical planning and treatment integrating the planning image onto the surgical plane
- We are equipped with an advanced OEC 9900 C-arm system (fluoroscopy), Storz arthroscopy/laparoscopy tower and use Synthes locking plate technology.
- Direct collaboration with other services (including critical care, internal medicine, oncology, anesthesia & analgesia, cardiology, emergency) and the referring veterinarians to ensure best quality medicine.
- Access to other advanced diagnostic imaging modalities including ultrasound, CT and 3T MRI to help with diagnosis and surgical planning.
- A 24-hour emergency service to allow continuity of care and management of possible complications
- Provision of on-call access for surgical emergencies and to assist the emergency doctors.
- Client education, ongoing care, and communication, as well as patient comfort and quality of life are important to us.